Saturday, March 14, 2009

Green Masala

I am so annoyed at myself. I had this post all ready to go, when I accidentally hit something and POOF! there goes my post! ARGH. Therefore this post is going to be short and sweet. Green masala is the marinade my mother makes to jazz up pretty much anything. You can make chicken curry, kabobs, pulao, shrimps.. with this masala. She used to put it in lil' baggies for me, and I would freeze it. When I came home from work, all I had to do was defrost it and let it marinate (usually with chicken).
Try it! green chillies however can be potent, so use carefully.


Green Masala
*Handful of cilantro
*table spoon garlic paste (can sub for whole)
*tablespoon ginger paste (can sub for whole)
*2-3 green chillies (can be found at the Indian markets)
*salt & pepper to taste
**Mint (if you want to marinate lamb)

Add all to a food processor. Blend. Marinate with salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Ideas? Alterations? Substitutes? I wanna know!