Thursday, March 5, 2009

Yogurt Berry Smoothie

Everyone who knows me, understands that I love shopping for food. Since I love to cook even more, its only natural that I spend most of my time in a super market. I can get stuck in the spice section for 30 minutes! No wonder my husband hates it when I drag him to Whole Foods. Lately I have been traveling to a neighboring town (my X neighborhood) to a local gourmet food store to purchase some fresh veggies. Because I spent over $25, I got to a free 1lb box of strawberries. Yum. I did not learn about these free strawberries till my register rang $47.30. So as I was walking through the isles, picking up veggies for marsala and salad that I want to make for my Friday night dinner, I came across these strawberries and they were the freshest bunch I had seen. So, I was ecstatic when I was told that I could just pick up a bunch for free. I wonder if I had bought a piece of chocolate to total out $50, I could have gotten away with two?
Anyway, 2 days ago, as my husband phoned to ask me if I needed something from the supermarket, I quickly added that I needed plain yogurt. Later did I realize that in fact this was a bad choice because I can't make anything with Yogurt that won't interfere with his digestive tract. I certainly was in no wasting mood. So, I blended. This was part of my delicious breakfast this morning. If you need, you can add some ice cubes to make it a bit cold and crunchy. I like my drinks room temperature. Slurp!

Yogurt Berry Smoothie
1 cup plain low fat yogurt
1/2 lb strawberries (or any other fruit you prefer)
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon sugar
Ice cubes if required.

Blend. Pour. Drink.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Ideas? Alterations? Substitutes? I wanna know!