Thursday, April 16, 2009

Chocolate Chunky Cookie




Chunky cookies are my absolute favorite. It doesn't matter what kind of cookie it is, as long as it has nuts/raisins/choco chunks/ etc.. I could go on. Any simple basic cookie is transformed with the addition of different chunks. This week's craving was chocolate. So the hunt for a good chocolate cookie began! I wanted to find a basic one that would easily fulfill my craving. Anyone who knows me  also knows that chocolate is my sweet spot. So what better than a chocolate cookie mixed in with a little fruit n' crunch? I found this recipe on joyofbaking.com, and added the cranberry-pecans because that is what I had handy. Try your version and add your own crunch to this chocolatey fruity cookie.

Chocolate Cranberry-Nut Cookie
adapted from joyofbaking.com

1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup white granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups mix of whatever you desire ( I used cranberry & pecans)
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes). Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated. First sift together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt and then add to the butter and egg mixture. Mix just until incorporated.











Fold in the the cranberries and pecans. Using a small ice cream scoop or two spoons, place about 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter on the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake for approximately 8 minutes or until the the cookies are still soft in the center but are firm around the edges. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before removing the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. These cookies are perfection. I love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I def think im gonna need to try these. looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you guys! these really so good, we finished them within a few days lol..

    ReplyDelete

New Ideas? Alterations? Substitutes? I wanna know!