Thursday, April 2, 2009

Home Made Chips


I don't ever make enough side dishes! The thing is that as much as I enjoy cooking, I don't like being in the kitchen too long. If I was living in India maybe the story would be different. I would have a bunch of maids wold do the cleaning while I concentrate on the cooking. So side dishes = extra cleaning. Yuck! Since I am completely OCD about leaving my kitchen immaculate, I end up spending hours in the kitchen. My side dishes sometimes are frozen or steamed veggies. Today however, I did not have anything that would taste delicious with a grilled chicken sandwich (will post soon). I wanted potato chips. I had potatoes, so why not? This is very easy to prepare but slightly annoying as you have to keep checking in so that the potatoes don't burn completely except on the edges but still stay crispy all over.

Potato Chips
3 medium sized idaho potato
3 tablespoon melted butter
2 teaspoon rosemary powder (or fresh)
2 medium cloves of garlic, pressed
salt & pepper to taste

Equipment:
Mandolin

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Slice the potatoes very thin through the mandolin. I experimented a little bit and found the right "thickness" that I prefer, you may have to do the same. In a bowl, mix together all ingredients. Spread each slice on a baking sheet and bake for about 8-10 minutes. Keep checking in to see if the edges have browned, and remove once desired crispiness has been achieved.
Munch.